Popular Posts

Monday, September 18, 2017

Day 7: Tomoe

Day 7: Your Anime Crush: Tomoe


On Friday I said I wanted to watch Kamisama Kiss in my day 6 post of the anime challenge. This weekend I actually found the time and means to watch it, causing Tomoe to become probably my biggest anime crush ever. 


I have many waifus and guy-fus (or husbandos as some call them) with most of them being around the same level of "crush" so I was dreading this day of the challenge. Who was I supposed to choose? I love them all so much.

Then Tomoe came along, the powerful fox yokai turned devoted familiar. He is loyal, dedicated, strong (magically and physically), and at the end of the day really caring and protective. From his extreme attractiveness to his serious and occasionally taunting expressions, I started to like him immediately. I often tend to prefer the 'serious/reserved' type so, needless to say, I knew right from the get-go that he was going to be on my list of crushes. As the series progressed, I saw more and more of his kind, protective side and he became down-right dreamy. Time wore on and every time he smiled or his expression softened I found myself falling for him all over again. The level of "crush" I have on him reminds me of my young teenager days when I first started watching anime. Irrationally obsessive and possessive. 

As for his love interest, I was sadly disappointed. Maybe it is jealousy but I found Nanami to be overly-stubborn and kind of annoying. She was constantly being reckless to the point of needing to be saved by Tomoe (but I have to say I enjoyed that part immensely), often because of....pride? No, not really, mostly it was her need to be nosy or her stubborn refusal to listen to Tomoe's advice. She had some good moments but all in all I don't really ship them. Most of the parts of their relationship that I find redeeming are Tomoe's reactions which make my heart flutter but would have the same affect on me whether it was Nanami or a different character. I just love Tomoe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment