Popular Posts

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Day 10: Nabari no Ou

Day 10: Favorite Fighter Anime- Nabari no Ou


Nabari no Ou is about an apathetic boy who is just trying to live his daily life when suddenly he is told he possesses a ninja power that everyone in the ninja world wants. This forces him to branch out of his bubble to protect himself as well as the people around him.

I want to first ask, what is a "fighter" anime? Most sites don't have that as a genre so I couldn't really look at examples. What I gathered was it had to be related to martial arts(?) I haven't watched a lot that fits that category but I saw that Naruto is apparently considered one so I chose my favorite ninja anime, Nabari no Ou.

It is a sweet story, but can feel a little slow at times, there is plenty of cool ninja fight scenes and tension but simply due to the apathetic main character, the show isn't as intense as some others of it's kind. It is also a serious show with any humor that occurs being rather subdued by the overall tone of the anime. It also has a killer opening theme in my opinion. I give it an 8.5/10 because there are certainly some things it could do better but overall I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment