Popular Posts

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Day 15: Best Chicken

Day 15: Favorite Animal Sidekick, Pet, or Summoning from Any Anime- Nagoya, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun


Nagoya is the chicken pet/character from Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. 


I have to say I am a little biased here because I have pet chickens at home. But beyond my bird bias, Nagoya is simply hilarious. She appears in the opening sequence and has a surprisingly frequent appearance throughout the show. I always thought it was the funniest thing that the chicken was basically a main character even though she really is just a chicken, no fancy skills or anything. Similarly, Butadon (Pork Bowl) from Silver Spoon is a favorite of  mine for partially this reason. Both of these completely normal farm animals serve as catalysts for character development and even as plot devices in some cases. Maybe I am just a farm girl but I love when normal animals like these play a big role in anime.

No comments:

Post a Comment