Popular Posts

Sunday, September 10, 2017

30 day Anime Challenge: Day 1 Soul Eater

I saw this on another site and thought it looked fun so let's give it a shot!

Day 1: Very First Anime You Watched- Soul Eater


At a school designed to create weapons for Death himself, one scythe and his dedicated wielder (meister) work to gather the 99 wicked souls plus one witch soul needed to become a full-fledged Death Scythe. Along with Death's son, and an impulsive-meister-caring-weapon duo, they meet many interesting characters and fight to protect Death City from evil. 


I defined my first anime as "first anime I watched knowing it was an anime from Japan", when I was younger I certainly watched Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, and even Magical DoReMi (Ojamajo DoReMi), but I didn't realize they were any different from the other cartoons I watched throughout the day (I mean what 4-7 year old would?). Soul Eater on the other hand, I watched much later knowing full-well that is was an anime and what an anime was. It was on Netflix at the time (2010?) and I watched it mostly at my friend's house. 

It holds a special place in my heart and I do believe the anime is worth watching. I am aware that it deviates from the manga but I was never one that was really bothered by that, most anime at some point have to take their own path because of timing. Although I really like it, I have never been able to re-watch it in it's entirety (I re-watch my favorite episodes from time to time though) so I will have to give this one a 7.5/10 but with a strong suggestion to get this well-known anime under your belt at least once. 

No comments:

Post a Comment