Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Day 20: Nanami Takahashi

Day 20: Anime Character that Gets on Your Nerves- Nanami Takahashi, Bokura Ga Ita


Nanami Takahashi is the main character of Bokura ga Ita (We were there).

I don't even know where to begin. I have a lot of problems with the show itself beyond her as a character so I'll try not to mention those but...see that missing eye? It happens a lot...


It's very awkward to stare at a screen with eyeless people on it. 

Anyway, on to why she annoys me. Now, I know that a lot of people like this anime because it has a rather realistic portrayal of relationships particularly in the high school age group. I'd agree that it is realistic.....for a very unhealthy relationship.

Nanami can't let things go, she keeps bugging the guy about his ex-girlfriend even though it is a thing of the past and he isn't even focusing on it. But she makes him remember it and that is honestly super cruel given the situation. She brings up the same problems over and over and has huge jealousy issues. Forgive my language but I kind of think she is a bit of a bitch. She is very insecure, which I suppose is forgivable because she is about 16 or so, but she takes it way too far a lot of the time. 

Also her hair is very inconsistent...


Nice normal looking hair...decently thick right? well....when she has the pony tail on the other side....


Her hair is gone. She has about as much hair as a 5 year old. Don't ask me how this works. It bothered me right from the get-go. Changing hairstyles of a character every now and then is fine and good but this is ridiculous. 

I don't know when I have disliked a character so much. I wanted to bang my head against a wall for a majority of the time she was on screen, so essentially the whole show. It was rough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment