Popular Posts

Friday, October 6, 2017

Day 19: Let's Get EPIC

Day 19: Most Epic Scene Ever


The above GIF is mostly a joke because my favorite epic scene is a spoiler due to it being the last scene in the anime. If you are not a fan of spoilers I am sorry that I don't have something spoiler free except KAMEHAMEHAAAAA!!!!!

***SPOILERS AHEAD***

Please enjoy this picture of a kitten so we can avoid people seeing spoilers they don't want to see.


Day 19: Most Epic Scene- No Game No Life's Cliffhanger

There isn't a gif that really showed what I wanted so if you want to see what I am talking about watch the video below. I apologize for the bad quality but...youtube man.


I know, I know, No Game No Life is such a "casual" anime and there are so many other epic anime scenes I could have chosen. The reason I chose this one is particularly because it is the most aggravating of all epic scenes. It is the epic scene that dominates my mind because there is never a resolution.

As some of you may know, the original artist for No Game No Life purportedly ran into some copyright issues and this is believed to be the number one reason that No Game No Life is pretty much guaranteed to never get a season 2. There is the new movie No Game No Life: Zero but that is actually a prequel by about a 6000 years in the world of Disboard. The voice actors for Sora and Shiro return as the main characters, Riku and Schwi respectively, but Sora and Shiro themselves are not in the movie. 

The fact that there will most likely never be a second season is what makes this last scene haunt me. It has such a build up and SUCH A CLIFFHANGER. It is the start of what was originally going to be the main plot of the story, Sora and Shiro taking on the god of Disboard, Tet. By choosing to fight an Old Deus, they were making their first steps to challenging the king of Disboard. It was a moment of "ooo man things are getting REAL now" giving the audience a taste of what is going to be a huge battle of wits and gaming but never actually letting that anticipation and excitement go anywhere. 

In all honesty, I feel that I could have chosen almost any of the No Game No Life game resolutions as one of the most epic scenes. There is something so exciting and invigorating about some of the ways that they beat their opponents, sometimes by what seems like a slim margin, and then to have them reveal how they outwitted them. But this last scene really takes the cake for me, I just can't get over the build up and the drama of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment